My dear friend Amanda is getting married next month and for their honeymoon her and her almost-husband are going to Hawaii! So of course, a beach bag is in order. I figured the perfect bridal shower gift would be something super cute, useful, and fun! Cue a beach bag with the first letter of her new last name on it and then filled with some fun beach accessories. Shout-out to Target for always having the cutest everything and making it way too easy.
I wanted her bag to not only be stylish, but personal! Everyone knows that a new bride can never see her new last name enough times so I started with painting a J for Jacobsen on the front of the bag. I then filled it with a few things that would come in handy while relaxing at the beach. Here is the list:
- Two towels
- A magazine
- A FLOATY!: Floating in the ocean is a must.
- Kind Bars
- Wet Ones
- Mini Mason jar tumblers: Because your beach drinks, whether they be water or rum punch, need to stay cold.
- Mini bottles of champagne: Speaking of beach drinks, they could also be mimosas.
- Sunscreen: Forever my first thought when I hear “beach vacation” because I’m the whitest girl around and always get a sun burn.
- Lipstick: “Beach Chic” is totally a thing, and you can never have too many lipsticks. Especially on a honeymoon.
- Chapstick: Last but not least, also with SPF in it.
I picked up this light blue/teal-ish colored beach bag with a chevron print. Green is Amanda’s favorite color so I decided to go with an ocean type color scheme of blues and greens.
Some green paint and stencil kit to put the J onto the front of the bag.
Here is the finished product! This was a super simple and quick DIY that anyone can do. You can do something like this for pretty much any occasion! A birthday bag, a travel bag, a sleepover bag, a bachelorette bag, a new baby bag…do I need to go on? I once put together a road trip bag for my sister’s boyfriend when they moved from California to Texas. I filled it with snacks, crossword puzzles, energy drinks, etc. The options are seriously endless.
Thanks for reading and let me know your thoughts in the comments!